To ensure the driver stays alert we have been holding a series of pop quizzes whist we bowl along. Here are some highlights with answers to follow:
1. In the film Wall-E who is the male star of the musical that Wall-E likes to watch?
2. In the Great Escape (a) by how many feet is the escape tunnel short of the woods and (b) how many barbed wire fences does Steve McQueen successfully jump?
3. What is the filling in the sandwich the astronauts eat on the Moon in 2001 A Space Odyssey?
4. Who voices Po's father in Kung Fu Panda 3?
5. What is the name of the male assistant to the Angels in Charlie's Angels?
6. Alan Rickman - (a) what medical condition is Rickman's character suffering from in The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy? (b) in which film does Rickman have the line, "At least I didn't use a spoon"
7. Jules Verne - (a) what is the start point for the Journey to the Centre of the Earth? (b) What is Captain Nemo's first name?
8. In the film 'The Jester' Danny Kaye has the following line "The Chalice from the Palace has the pellet with the poison, the Flagon with the Dragon, has the brew that is true". True or false?
9. Star Trek (a) what was the working title of the Star Trek TV series (b) who wrote the words to the Star Trek theme tune?
10. Dambusters - why was Barnes Wallace allowed to borrow a Wellington Bomber for the Dambuster Squadron practice runs?