You may recall that our car was built by Rally Preparation Services who are reading this blog. I thought they might like to know how Rhubard and Custard is getting along:
- A rear leaf spring grease nipple got damaged but we've managed to remove it and will fit a new one when the mechanic team look less zombie like and we dare to ask them for a spare.
- we've developed a horrid metallic knocking sound. After extensive investigation I've concluded it's the axel stands having come loose and banging together in the boot.
- We backfire under hard acceleration. We've adjusted the carburettors.
- The gear-lever comes out of gear if you take your foot off the accelerator when going downhill. We curse RPS.
- There was a leak from the oil filter but tightening the nut has reduced this to an angelic weeping
- The forward carburettor has a slight petrol leak. We've tightened the nuts which we hope has cured it
- The driver's side headlamp has worked slightly loose.
- The handbrake is too stiff. Richard has adjusted it and now we don't have a handbrake.
- Um. That's it so far.