1. Match the Chinese names to their meaning:
(a) Chi Cho - Motor Car (b) Huo Cho - Train and (c) Chi Chi - Panda
2. What do the letters in the brand name Fiat stand for? lit. 'Italian Automobiles Factory, Turin',
3. Name three American cars named after a word for Horse.
Mustang, Pinto, Charger
4. Rolls Royce. (a) in what year was Rolls Royce nationalised?
(b) the development cost of which aero engine was blamed for the company's collapse
Rolls Royce 1971(c) what was the company renamed after nationalisation
Rolls Royce (licenced to BMW)(d) who now owns the Rolls Royce brand name?
5. Which British Leyland car was styled by Pininfarina?
Internal road on the ford plant at Dagenham
6. Where in London is Sierra Drive?
7. When Mercedes Benz launched its 190 model it was rumoured that Ford bought one to find out how an innovative component worked. What was the component?
8. Cars are sometimes rebranded around the world. Give the alternative names for the following:
(a) Oxford Ambassador (India)
(b) Rabbit Golf (USA)
(c) Keffer Beetle (Germany)
9. The following towns had new car plants built for them. Name the cars that the plants initially produced.
(a) Speke Triumph TR7
(b) Valencia Ford Fiesta
(c) Mirafiori Fiat 131 Mirafiori
10. Which cars were launched with: (a) hydra gas suspension and a square steering wheel Austin Allegro (b) the slogan '£795 - anyone who offers you a new car for less must have something missing'? Ford Escort Popular (c) the engine from the VW Phaeton. Bentley GTC