The Mission


The Peking to Paris Rally is a recreation of the 1907 challenge issued by Le Matin, "Is there anyone who will undertake to travel this summer from Peking to Paris by automobile?"
The 2016 version will follow a route of 13,695 Km (8,510 miles) and take 35 days. We are travelling in Rhubarb and Custard, a 1936 Buick. We know nothing about cars or rallying.

Tuesday 10 May 2016

Apps

As I've said before, it's busy, busy, busy on a rally with not much time to do things like take photos or record thoughts.

It makes life easier if you have quick access to the iPhone apps you.  As you can see from this screenshot of my phone it's pretty crowded and I often can't remember where I've put an app that I don't use often, and I usually fumble around trying to find the camera (and I have several camera apps).











This is my iPhone after being cleaned up (the other apps are now on page 2).  The key apps are:

Calendar
Contacts
WhatsApp
Snapchat
iPhone Camera
Remote for Go Pro
Nightcap Pro - For taking photos of the stars in Mongolia and Russia
Nightsky Pro - For identifying stars and planets
Photo Library
iTranslate
Waygo - For translating road signs
FoboTire - For measuring tyre pressure
Blogger x 2 - For updating this blog
iFlashdrive - For saving photos and video to  a memory stick
Garmin Europe Map - For getting to garages etc in major towns
HP 12C Calculator





No comments:

Post a Comment