The Mission


The Peking to Paris Rally is a recreation of the 1907 challenge issued by Le Matin, "Is there anyone who will undertake to travel this summer from Peking to Paris by automobile?"
The 2016 version will follow a route of 13,695 Km (8,510 miles) and take 35 days. We are travelling in Rhubarb and Custard, a 1936 Buick. We know nothing about cars or rallying.

Thursday 28 April 2016

Underwear

Can't believe I'm writing this blog entry, but here goes. When we went on Owen Turner's PtoP familiarisation day he recommended that male participants buy silk underwear for the trip as it is very fast drying and (he says) very comfortable.  Owen is the one on the far left of this photo. Definitely a man comfortable in his own pants I would say:



So, I've been online to a site called The Underwear Expert and which runs The Underwear Club:



From this I learnt that Hanro Silk Modal Boxer 3094 are the Rolls Royce of the Silk Boxer world but sadly not available in the UK.  Accordingly I have been reduced to buying a cheaper alternative from Debenhams - I got the last two pairs in my size! 

Now we gonna win that rally.  


1 comment:

  1. Silk underwear is the best underwear when riding long stints on a motorcycle!

    ReplyDelete